News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

54-56 Cad, near FL/CA (~$20k)

Started by Jw4, December 12, 2022, 03:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jw4

Hello everyone.

Looking for a 54-56 Cadillac, any body style, around Florida or California (within a reasonable driving distance). The budget is ~$20k, looking to buy from a private owner. I am primarily interested in a car that does not need body or any other major work and is presentable and can be enjoyed as is. Not a project.
- Faded paint, minor imperfections, etc., are okay.
- Usual mechanical problems (except needing engine/transmission repairs) are also okay. 
- Holes in the floor pans, rocker panels, trunk, etc., are very undesirable.

I've been looking at various ads, for a couple of month. The cars I found were either very far away, very expensive, in bad condition, or any combination of these factors. Went to see one car in person, but the overall condition turned-out to be significantly worse than expected.

Even started looking at Packards and older T-Birds (it's a strange combination, I know  ;D )

Is anyone thinking about selling their car, fitting the above description, or know someone who might be? Please let me know!

Thanks.
Ivan Beliaev

Jw4

Little update: saw this car - https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/718611319657823
This is the third car I saw in person and, somehow, it turned out to be both - the most expensive one and in the worst condition of them all.
The floors are gone, the trunk is gone, there are huge amounts of spray foam insulation on the inside of the rear fender. Did not check the rest :(

I am glad it was only a 4-hour drive, and I got to take a dip at the Jacksonville Beach.
Ivan Beliaev

Jw4

Dear friends,

This thread is no longer necessary. Just bought a 1940 Plymouth P10 sedan. Not exactly a mid 50s Cadillac, i wanted, but the car is in very good condition. Appears to be mostly original (except an older re-paint and some accessories) and, most importantly, it drives very well, as is. This was the best-condition car I saw, thus far, and at a very competitive price. Could not pass it by.  :D

So, I am a Plymouth owner, now  8)
Will be moving on to an appropriate forum...

Thanks for all the advice provided by fellow Cadillac enthusiasts in facilitation of the car search!
Ivan Beliaev