News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

78 Biarritz Bumper fillers

Started by ls2gto, February 04, 2023, 12:06:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ls2gto

I'm in need of front and rear bumper fillers for my car. Are all of the ABS plastic ones manufactured by a single source or is there a particular vendor that sells a superior product as far as fit / quality of product? Thanks for any advice....

V63

As a rule, they are all a disappointing fit...they need a lot of massaging

Cadillacdave

Just my 2 cents. I have had both the abs plastic and the fiberglass. Most people say the ABS plastic is easier to work with. I think the ABS plastic fillers never fit well especially in the rear around the trunk lid.

The fiberglass fillers can be filed down to make them fit really well. Last 76 Eldo I did, the rear fillers came out perfect. A little massaging to get them there but the body lines were excellent. One side on th front was perfect and the other side was very good. The fiberglass is stronger and more durable iny opinion.

I also install them in a different manner than most folks. I have heard and read here that many people remove the bumpers to install the fillers. Way too much work iny opinion.

Remove the old fillers and remove the factory brackets used to keep the shape for the old vinyl fillers. Then drill out two or three holes and widen them just a bit. Then drill corresponding holes in the fiberglass fillers. Use toggle bolts inserted from the inside facing out to snug the fiberglass fillers to the vehicle. Works really well and much easier than removing the bumpers.

Good luck!!