News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Fiber glass boot for 1970 Coupe Deville

Started by traveler4life, March 10, 2023, 03:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

traveler4life

Good day group
Has anyone ever heard of some one creating/fabricating a parade boot for 1970 Coupe Deville Convertible?
They made from factory for Eldorado, but have wondered if I could get one made for the coupe.
Thoughts?

Barry M Wheeler #2189

This is one of those things that "it sure would be nice to have." But the cost would possibly be outrageous and "non-authentic" as well. You have a lovely car, so enjoy her the way she is.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

GBrown #8092

I have one on a 69 DeVille I bought last fall.  Rumor had that there was a firm in Florida that made them, and that they were available through dealers.  Per the grand son of the prior owner of may car, the one I have it "homemade"  Looks good on the car, but is heavy as heck. Seems to have a plywood base, and is fiberglas coated. Its unlatched in the picture, and fits better than it appears to.

Glenn

Unknown-2(1).jpeg

Cape Cod Fleetwood

If anyone knows where/how to get that part, it would be John Abend. On Facebook "1965-1970 Cadillac Collective"
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

Jeff Rosansky CLC #28373

I haven't searched, but when you do search Deville Convertible,  not Coupe Deville Convertible.
That might help.
Good luck
Jeff R
Jeff Rosansky
CLC #28373
1970 Coupe DeVille (Big Red)
1955 Series 62 (Baby Blue)
Dad's new 1979 Coupe DeVille