News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Car Cover Made Of COTTON???

Started by Cadillac101, August 07, 2022, 09:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cadillac101

Its been a long time since I shopped for car covers.

Wow they sure are fancy and high tech...I just want a plain old COTTON (by cotton I mean regular old material not a 5 layer poly blah blah blah) car cover...cant find one.

I like the cotton because the car lives indoors and the only purpose of the cover is to keep the dust off of it and I like to throw the cover into the washer every year or so to wash the dust out and it comes out clean and gosh it is so soft and smells nice...even throw in that anti static dryer sheet.

If I got the new fancy one I do not think it would fit in the washer.

Does anyone know where I can get a boring old regular material washable type car cover?

THANKS
Bill
Western Arizona
1958 DeVille 2 Door
1961 Series 6200 convertible

hornetball

Just bought one at WalMart.  Budge brand.  Size 5 fit the '74 Eldo.  I got the "Ultra" cover which works well for overnights at car shows + garage duty.  Sounds like the "Basic" cover is what you're after.  Not sure the exact material, but nothing fancy -- does the job.  They are washable.

caddydaddy1960

Hello,

I too can recommend the Budge brand car cover.  I bought one from their website for my 1992 Chevy S-10 pickup.  It fits well and was very inexpensive. They are somewhat generic, so I need to remove the antenna when I cover the truck. I've washed it once with no issues. Good luck.

Michael Heinz, Director
West Michigan CLC
1960 6337 Coupe Deville (sold 12/20)
1966 68339 Sedan Deville
1974 C6EL67 Fleetwood Eldorado ELC

Director, West Michigan Region CLC