News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1957 Hearse hood and fenders

Started by NatJones, November 27, 2022, 03:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NatJones

Hi guys, I am looking at picking up my first classic Cadillac, a 57 hearse that is going to need a hood at the very least, I wanted to see what the interchangeability was for the commercial chassis and other body styles. Any help/info would be appreciated.

Also, if you happen to have a good hood available or know where I should look, let me know.

Thanks!

Nat Jones

Carfreak

Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

NatJones

Thanks for the reply and link. From what I see it looks like hoods interchange in 57.

I'm in  Alberta, Canada but the coach will be at my parents in South Carolina until I get it transported up so either place can work. The 57 is original black, the paint is pretty rough but it would be great to have one in black/ similar condition until I can get to repaint, but anything solid would be better than what I'm starting with.

Scott Nellis

Hello Nat. Just curious if you purchased the 1957 Eureka Landau Hearse or not? The reason I am asking is that I currently own a 1957 Eureka Cadillac Manual 3-Way Landau Hearse. I may be able to help you with information regarding this particular funeral coach. I do not have any parts for sale as I am still sorting mine out, but it is now running and driving beautifully and I encourage you to restore this fine coach to its' former glory if at all possible. It will not be cheap, but it will be a very worthy restoration if you decide to purchase it and go that route. You could purchase it and go through all the mechanicals and drive it until you are able to take it to the next level depending on your financial situation. Maybe you would not intend to completely restore it, this is all up to you. Mine is far from a concours restoration, in fact I wouldn't consider it a restored car, but a very nice "driver". The main thing is to get these beautiful coaches out of the garages, barns, drive sheds, fields, etc. Get them safe and back on the road for all to see. Too many of these rolling works of art have been languishing in darkness unseen for far too long.
1957 Eureka Hearse
1965 Miller-Meteor Hearse
1968 Miller-Meteor Hearse
1968 Fleetwood Brougham
1970 Superior Hearse

Cymz@sbcglobal.net

there is a guy in Chicago that has lots of parts__ I bought a hood from him for my 1957 commercial chassis

rick 3126079417