News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1962 Cadillac interior Chrome parts

Started by CadMan, March 10, 2016, 09:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CadMan

I have recently purchased a 1962 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz and am interested in having all of the interior chrome parts related due to pitting. The interior door panel chrome pieces as well as the rear lighting fixtures are composed of multiple chrome plated parts that are either screwed together, riveted together with small brass rivets or have molded metal posts on one part that are flattened at the top of the post in order to attach another part. All of the platers that I've spoken to have advised me that all of the sub assemblies must be detached completely for successful plating to occur. i do not have the tools to remove or replace small rivets nor the expertise to remove the parts that are attached by flattening metal posts that are molded into some parts. I'm wondering if anyone out there knows of someone who is experienced disassembling and reassembling these sorts of pieces and if so would you please advise or provide an estimate to do the work. Thanks very much.

D. Urgo

62 driver

I re chromed the tail lights on my 62 and only removed the wires that went to it. I left rest. I used a chrome shop in LA. PM me if you want more information on your car. Dave
Dave Schneider,  CLC #27889