News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Keyless Entry / Alarm in my '78

Started by eldorado_boyblue, April 28, 2014, 09:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eldorado_boyblue

I'm looking to install something to keep my '78 Eldorado safe on the mean streets of Los Angeles. Wondering if anyone here has installed one of these systems themselves and if anyone had a recommendation on a particular brand? I was looking at these guys' system: www.advancedkeys.com
Daniel

1978 Eldorado

Alan Harris CLC#1513

In my experience on the mean streets of Philadelphia, they are a waste of time and money. When they go off, nobody pays the least amount of attention to them. They are expensive and installers usually manage to hack up your wiring when they put them in.

waterzap

Just ordered one of these...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008FLOWAU/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It is basically a phone. It will send you txts when the car moves, and you can send a txt back to the unit to shut off anything you have connected through it. Of course you are also able to track the car
Leesburg, AL

TJ Hopland

Im not as much into the alarm part but the keyless entry is becoming more and more interesting to me since I have a couple newer cars now that don't use keys.   I get kinda confused when I drive a car that actually has a key now.   
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

eldorado_boyblue

waterzap, that looks cool. Are you going to install it yourself? You'll have to update on how it goes. What systems can you connect through it?

I'm really excited about the keyless entry. It's just one of those modern conveniences that can be a fun little addition to these old beauts.
Daniel

1978 Eldorado