News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Technical / Authenticity / Re: Cracked Kelsey Hayes turbi...
Last post by Lexi - Yesterday at 10:05:18 PM
Quote from: Cadman-iac on Yesterday at 08:54:48 PMLol!! I gotta remember that one. My wife will get a kick out of it.

I can't take credit for that one. If memory serves, it was the Canadian Hockey great Gordie Howie (of the Detroit Red Wings), who was quoted as saying that. Not sure if he borrowed it from someone else. Clay/Lexi
Technical / Authenticity / How to remove 1951 caddy axle?
Last post by Mowerhoarder - Yesterday at 09:41:13 PM
Hello! You might remember me from my post about daily driving a 51'caddy. I finally made a new forum because I need some help with removing my axles! The seals are leaking pretty bad and with the new brakes I'm getting, I figured I needed to replace them. I did some googling and found articles on how to remove the seal, but not the axle itself. I have no idea what to do and really don't feel like breaking something and finding out the hard way. Basically, how do I remove the axles?
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1940 Lasalle Carpet
Last post by Tom Boehm - Yesterday at 09:40:44 PM
Hello Ben, I agree, I would expect higher quality if it were my car. I can't say for sure how far under the seat the original mat went. But... In my opinion It should go under the seat. The guy is making this from scratch and has total control over the final look. He could have added a few inches under the seat. I attached a picture of the reproduction mat in my car. I ordered it uncut and did the trimming around the edges myself. Notice around the pedals. That is the way the originals were cut. It should be cut close around the column and shift shaft. Also there was a rubber ring around the column to disguise the trimming. I reused the original but Steele may have this. If so, you will have to cut it to install unless you want to remove the column.

We both agreed on that OCD thing.   ;D 

Actually, the fit next to the scuff plates looks OK to me.
General Discussion / Re: How a link affects the scr...
Last post by TJ Hopland - Yesterday at 09:22:14 PM
I just tried using the link tool with a really long URL and not entering anything in the description box.  It still screws up the width so you really want to enter something if its long.

CLC Home Page

CLC Store
General Discussion / Re: How a link affects the scr...
Last post by Cadman-iac - Yesterday at 09:00:37 PM
Quote from: 59-in-pieces on Yesterday at 06:35:08 PMClay,

Mr. Spock says - Scottie cana-do-it Captain.
Why, he has his foot on the brake.

I have also seen the normal responses truncated into shorter lines, and resulting in a skinnier paragraph, filling maybe a quarter of the page width.

I agree, it's a pain with bifocals to read that far right, scrolling back to the left to find that you don't remember which is the next lower line should start.

Have fun,
Steve B.

That's my problem, I'm looking through trifocals, and half the time I'm cross-eyed after a couple hours of looking at my phone, and that's with things in a somewhat normal screen.

Rick
Technical / Authenticity / Re: Cracked Kelsey Hayes turbi...
Last post by Cadman-iac - Yesterday at 08:54:48 PM
Quote from: Lexi on Yesterday at 04:49:22 PMI am bilingual as I speak both English and profanity, (sometimes).  :)  Clay/Lexi

Lol!! I gotta remember that one. My wife will get a kick out of it.
For Sale - Cars / Re: 1956 Fleetwood 75 by Derha...
Last post by The Tassie Devil(le) - Yesterday at 08:41:40 PM
Quote from: JimJordanOKC on Yesterday at 10:05:46 AMBruce, I have a letter from the dealer when Mrs. Rockefeller was trading in in in 1962 assuring her that she was getting trade credit for 2 USED snow tires on the deal for a 1962 Park Avenue (Also with Derham conversion by the way)
Ha ha.   Just as I thought.   Got to save every cent.   Try that these days.

Bruce. >:D
I have asked the same question to various Webmasters if the attachments can be automatically set, so it doesn't happen here, but never got a satisfactory answer.

Hopefully, one day, it will get sorted out.   Heck, I have a 42" Monitor, and it still isn't wide enough.

General Discussion / Re: 74 engine stalls on way up
Last post by The Tassie Devil(le) - Yesterday at 08:29:49 PM
Are you running the engine whilst raising the top?

What is the condition of your battery?  Battery Terminals?   How old?

One check would be to put a Volt Meter across the terminals, read the voltage, then operate the top, whilst having someone reading the Voltage.   If the Voltage drops remarkably, then your Battery could need replacing.

I am running the biggest battery that I can fit in the battery compartment, something like 880 Cold Cranking Amps, and have never had a problem with the roof.   Know of others who have though.

Lastly, are you trying to move the top whilst it is cold?   Nothing worse than cold, stiff material.

Don't forget that posting your email address for all to see is asking for Spammers to contact you, as many have found out.