News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / Re: confused
Last post by Lexi - Today at 12:43:58 PM
Yep. Hello Jose. Long time no hear from. Hope all is OK. Like the rest of us I hope there are no surprises May 1st. Clay/Lexi
Mine does do it.  Never noticed before.  Now I wonder if its going to bother me.  I got home late so no time to investigate.   I don't currently have hood insulation so it should be easy for me to see if that glue stuff is still sticking between the bits.
General Discussion / Re: Post Wiper Blades
Last post by TJ Hopland - Today at 12:28:04 PM
I don't appear to have the technology to do a screen grab and draw an arrow on your photo.  Paint was a handy program for things like that. 

There is a plastic insert that has to pivot to let it release.  In your photo you can see the end of the fat black round shaft, that is what the plastic has to pivot around.  The upper part of the plastic is kinda C shaped and is going over the silver metal shaft that is part of the car.  Above the metal shaft used to be 2 plastic ears the one on the left is broke off but the right one is still there.

All these directions will be as looking at the photo.  You need to press in on the plastic bit below the big black shaft.  There are scratch marks so you or someone was close.  It may help to also stick something in that small gap between the black metal body and the remaining plastic ear on the right and try and pry the plastic up while pressing down on the lower part below the black bar.

The plastic needs to pivot on the bar and will raise up off the silver shaft which will then let you slide it off.
General Discussion / Re: Scams
Last post by Tom Boehm - Today at 12:25:55 PM
The scammers have made the "buy and sell parts" section of this forum useless. Regardless of your opinion, stopping scammers will be a positive for the new rules.
Each year has a different part number for the gas pedal...
Want To Buy - Parts / Re: Scam: Anderson 71
Last post by Tom Boehm - Today at 12:18:28 PM
I got a response from them to a parts wanted post also. I hope the new rules puts an end to these scams.
General Discussion / Re: vintage underdash cool sys...
Last post by TJ Hopland - Today at 12:10:04 PM
What do you mean work around?  Those systems are intended for cars that didn't have any of the duct work needed for air conditioning.  Are you saying your car doesn't have any vents in the dash?
Are you talking about when the car is parked with the motor off?
Greg Surfas
For Sale - Parts / 1959 - 1960 Cadillac Cruise Co...
Last post by druby - Today at 11:49:01 AM
I have a setup for 1959-60 Cadillac cruise control with wiring harness.
$500.00 + shipping. Prefer no International shipping unless you use a US address.
Technical / Authenticity / 1960 Torque Converter to Flywh...
Last post by 60eldo - Today at 11:47:05 AM
A couple of questions guys. When installing the spacer in the engine , should I greese it 1st, or use anti-sieze. Next, on the flywheel there are 4 drilled holes beside the studs, what are they for. What is the torque for the nuts going around the flywheel to torque converter.  And last, when I put the flex plate back on the engine, is there any special way, or just use any 4 bolts. I just want to make sure to do everything right when installing my engine, and I dont want to forget anything.