News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Technical / Authenticity / Re: 67 deville visor hinge sep...
Last post by TomB - Yesterday at 12:58:47 PM
For anyone with the same problem:The two parts cannot be separated. Well I did with a sledgehammer only to find out that the two parts are forged into each other. Bought a new set, probably chinese...shiny but a lousy fit...
Technical / Authenticity / borg warner nut
Last post by TomB - Yesterday at 12:40:03 PM
I finally got my Borg Warner clock working again...but misplaced the tiny nut at the back, does anyone have a clue what the size of that nut is? Here in Europe there is apparently nobody that can help me out.

T Bakkum
Deville 67
General Discussion / Re: New to the Club and Need S...
Last post by Cadillac Jack 82 - Yesterday at 12:22:55 PM
Thats a very pretty car!  I use 91 pump with octane booster and lead additive.  Make sure you use non-synthetic oil with lead additive.  Grease all your fittings regularly.  Ensure any electrical wiring is clean to prevent insulation from decaying/breaking.  Wash/wax/ceramic at least every 6 months with regular washes in between.  She'll last another 57 years!
General Discussion / Re: Tire advice?
Last post by Cadillac Jack 82 - Yesterday at 12:19:30 PM
Quote from: PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192 on Yesterday at 03:29:34 AMI have the Firestone script wide whites on my 54 CDV. I love them. I don't like the look of radial tires on our cars, they just look too small. As for ride quality, bias ply tires are unforgiving of wear etc in the steering and suspension. Keep everything greased up and they're good. I drove my car on a 400 mile round trip one weekend and had no problems.

This was from 2016.  Currently my 59 has the US Royals and I plan on putting on the BF Goodrich ones on the 64.
What do you mean "didn't seem to fit the cover"?
Greg Surfas
For Sale - Parts / 1969-70 NOS Cadillac Convertib...
Last post by conv69 - Yesterday at 10:34:02 AM
* Not Mine *

Craigslist NY

I had posted this last fall too when he brought it down to Carlisle. It didn't sell and has a new price now $1000.

https://albany.craigslist.org/pts/d/duanesburg-nos-cadillac-convertible-gm/7721127689.html

FYI
I have bought a few things at his house and can vouch for him. (This is the last Caddy piece he has).
 Not like typical Craigslisters.. not a scammer and don't have to worry about where you are going with cash in your pocket..
General Discussion / Re: 1951 Caddy daily driver
Last post by dn010 - Yesterday at 10:04:59 AM
It is supposed to be checked in neutral with engine idling and while the car is on a level surface.
General Discussion / Re: New to the Club and Need S...
Last post by badpoints - Yesterday at 10:02:54 AM
You should try to find a good mechanic who can do maintenance and repairs on the car when needed.
32 psi is good for about any tire.
General Discussion / Re: Tire advice?
Last post by dn010 - Yesterday at 10:00:38 AM
This thread is over 8 years old...
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1941 Hydra-Matic Transmiss...
Last post by toybox - Yesterday at 10:00:20 AM
 John,           My big concern would be how (smooth) the yoke  is where the seal rides if that is not a polished finish the the seal wont last and this job will be for nothing. As you said someone replaced it already and I assume you are replacing it because it failed again. Some 1000 grit wet paper and a little time will go along way here. Also some sealer around the outer perimeter of the seal where it seats to the housing is a good idea.
                                                                                      Tim