News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1976 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Started by soloyosh, April 01, 2022, 06:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soloyosh

1976 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham in Lake Havasu City, AZ
131k miles

Asking $6000

Also willing to entertain trades for something interesting (60-70s luxury cars, big cars and station wagons, air cooled VW, 64-66 Barracuda, vintage Vespa/Lambretta scooters, weird stuff, etc.). Like the Cromulons say, "Show me what you got."

I'm the second owner. Bought it 4 years ago from the original owner's family in Phoenix. It was sitting a while (still had bias plies on it) in a carport with its tail exposed to the AZ sun. The sun ate the urethane bumper filler and has taken its toll on the paint. It's the OG Chesterfield Brown paint. It's got chips, scratches, etc. and a someone keyed it on the right quarter and both doors.

Interior is gold. Drivers seat looks to have been recovered at some point. Passenger seat shows wear.

Car drives great.
AC (auto climate control) blows cold (R12)
Everything works except for the dash clock. I pulled the dash to replace some things and when I put it back together the clock stopped working the next day. I'm paranoid about cracking the dash so I haven't endeavored to fix it.
Radio and power antenna work. Radio cuts out sometimes. Sometimes just a speaker or two. Believe the radio just needs to be renewed (capacitors dry out). Don't know if the 8-track works.

Things I've done to it:
Transmission was rebuilt 3 weeks ago. Also addressed a pinion seal leak at that time.
Got the cruise control working.
Got the AC working
Replaced the alternator
Replaced the water pump
New tires when I got it
New headlight dimmer switch
Replaced the sealed beam headlights with Hella H4 replacements (low beam) and Vision H11 (high beam). Had I done this over again, I'd do Hella on both or maybe try the new Holley LED setups.

All in all it's a great driver/cruiser that I wouldn't hesitate to drive anywhere. I just took a road trip in it with my kids and had no issues.

soloyosh

More pictures

soloyosh

Last of the pictures for now.

Let me know if you'd like to see anything else.

jwwseville60

1960 Eldorado Seville, Copper, "IKE"
1961 CDV, gold, "Goldfinger"
1964 Eldorado, Turquoise, "Billy the Squid"
1963 De Ville Station Wagon Vista roof, silver blue, "Race Bannon"
1963 Fleetwood 60S, turquoise, "The Miami Special"
1959 Sedan Deville flat top, tan, "Jupiter-2"
1947 Caddy Sedanette 62, black, "Johnny Cash"
1970 ASC Fleetwood wagon, dark blue, "Iron Maiden"
Lifetime CLC

Grace6B69S5Q

A beautiful start - This looks like a nice, honest, dry Fleetwood with just a few needs that do not prevent motoring enjoyment immediately.  And reasonably priced.  I would think (and hope) this sells quickly!  Sincerest GLWTS!

soloyosh

79 Eldorado

Brett,
I know it's sold but, if those clocks are similar to the ones in 1979 into the 80's, I've had them stop and each time when I removed them and, crossed the terminals, then installed they start working again. I don't know if crossing the terminal makes any difference but since I did it the first time and it worked that's what I've done any time one stops.

The only good thing about removing them on the cars I've had is you can pull out and plug back in to verify without putting anything back together.

Scott