News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1964 Cadillac Fleetwood Eldorado Convertible in Firemist Aquamarine at Auction

Started by jdemerson, April 21, 2022, 09:49:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdemerson

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2022/04/1964-cadillac-eldorado-convertible-headed-to-indy-auction/

This is a stunning convertible and color combination. I haven't studied it for authenticity, and of course that is difficult to judge from photos anyway.  Enjoy!

John Emerson
1952 Cadillac Sedan 6219X  (about to come out of its Vermont hibernation)
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

J. Skelly

I like the color of this Eldorado.  The interior should have perforated leather in the seating areas and a monotone color, but it has piping of a different color.   
Jim Skelly, CLC #15958
1968 Eldorado
1977 Eldorado Biarritz
1971 Eldorado (RIP)

James Landi

the addition of real wood adds so much to the interiors of some 60's Cadillac models (and I recall my parents' Pontiac has some wood trim).  Does anyone know the "history" of real wood trim, when it was added, and why it was eliminated?  Unlike the wood interior trim on my XLR that is so heavily coated wth high gloss finish, I am much more impressed with those 60's semi-gloss finishes that would never pass for plastic.  The subject car appears to be a brilliant example.  Thanks for posting, James 

J. Skelly

For the FWD Eldorado, the '68 had it, but not the '67 and '69-'78.  I'm not sure after that as to when the Eldorado got real wood trim again, but I would guess with the '92 models.
Jim Skelly, CLC #15958
1968 Eldorado
1977 Eldorado Biarritz
1971 Eldorado (RIP)

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

1986 Eldorado Biarritz marked the beginning of the return to genuine wood trim.

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

J. Skelly

Jim Skelly, CLC #15958
1968 Eldorado
1977 Eldorado Biarritz
1971 Eldorado (RIP)