News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1941 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S goldmine!

Started by Way2nutz, May 02, 2022, 09:36:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Way2nutz

Reduced to ridicoulous low price.  $5800 or its my new wall art! Ha!  Purchased my old street rod back and my son wants his shop space back.  This is definitely one of those projects you need to see.

Long story, but worth the read.

Picked up in December, but I've been offered a car I built back in the 80s I really kick myself for selling.
41 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S.  I've been around this project since it was started in the late 70s by a prominent funny car racer in the Seattle area.

Set up for big block chev and T400.  Custom Walker radiator for the big block and caddy mounts. No engine or trans included.

Chassis and suspension are completely rebuilt and painted bumper to bumper.  Small diameter brake booster and dual chamber master cylinder mounted and plumbed.

Body work is second to none firewall back. Absolutely amazing. The pic of my noggin is actually the reflection in one of the doors. No rust, no patch panels. Dead straight. The body was painted in the 80s with PPG lacquer and does have some slight shop rash.  The nose is raw steel has a couple of very minor dings.

Well over $12k of chrome plating from Mastercraft out of Seattle.  The grill, hood ornament, and hubcaps are works of art on their own. (rear bumper will need to be plated)

I have the complete original interior (door cards, seats, upholstery. Will need to be recovered).  Dash has been re-woodgrained, the oak under the door sills was all recreated by a skilled cabinet maker.  All new glass, as well as the originals.

This will make the ultimate cruiser when finished!!  It would also be easy to revert back to the 346 and hydromatic if you have access to them.  I can not guarantee every single piece is here, but I'm confident there isnt going to be much if anything not here.  She's a bit more complicated than a Cheby or Ford!

$5800 sooo firm.   Washington State

Brad Ipsen CLC #737

Maybe this would be a great BAT project car.  The PO drag racing history can be brought up and lots of stories there.  Maybe someone will want to finish this up just due to its ownership history.
Brad Ipsen
1940 Cadillac 60S
1938 Cadillac 9039
1940 Cadillac 6267
1940 LaSalle 5227
1949 Cadillac 6237X
1940 Cadillac 60S Limo

35-709

It WOULD be a great BAT project car.  It would be a great project car for me!  But, I'm too old and the car is too far away.  Best of luck with the sale.
Geoff N.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

Way2nutz

Great suggestion for giving BAT a shot.  I'd never looked at project cars on there, so assumed they didnt run them.  Looks like its time to dial in my photography skills!

Way2nutz

Applied for the BAT auction. But they felt it was too much of a project to meet their strict guidlines.....  ok.

Price dropped to stupid crazy cheap. 

The Tassie Devil(le)

OMG. ..... Bring a Trailer has guidelines?   Probably thought that this vehicle would need 2 trailers.

I would have thought that BAT would have been a selling forum for cars that actually needed a trailer to take away.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Willbarq

Brent Hladky #21519

His post on the Cadillac Modified Forum indicates it is off to Switzerland.

Way2nutz

Yes it has sold.  I just finished packing it for pick up.  Was my first time with an international sale. Went quite smooth.  Money wired and cleared. Signed title to the exporter and away she goes.