News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Heat Control Valve

Started by 49 Caddy, July 13, 2022, 08:20:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

49 Caddy

Any suggestions for source for 1949 Caddy 331 exhaust heat control valve?  Mine fell apart when taking exhaust cross-over loose.  Only need the valve, the manifold is in great shape.  Maybe even just a spacer and not include the rest of the parts that usually get stuck opened/closed anyways.

Rossoroo

I believe CLC member Art Gardner might sell the spacers.
Mine fell apart also I just used a spacer to replace it.
You could make one or have one made. A 5/8" [or 1/2"] plate steel with a 2" hole with the bolt holes on 3" centres
49-6269 My First Caddy

fishnjim

No great loss.  Many were done away with over the decades.  If you find one, it'll do the same thing eventually.  They never upgraded the metallurgy to what is necessary to last.

harvey b

How much are N.O.S. ones worth?,i have one new in a box.no pictures but it is easy to get at. harveyb
Harvey Bowness