News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Headlight Lenses - 1950 Series 62

Started by fmackan, August 08, 2022, 09:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fmackan

Hi everyone. I want to replace the glass headlight lenses in my 1950 Series 62. I have looked at all the major Cadillac parts suppliers and no one Offers this product

Second point is I do want them to be original or accurate reproduction.

Are headlight lenses this hard to find? 

any help is appreciated

Francis Mackan
Ontario, Canada
Francis Mackan
Ontario, Canada
1950 Series 62 Sedan (6219)

Joe Jensen

I could be mistaken, but I believe the headlights are sealed beam.  Meaning the headlight does not have a replaceable lense.  You would have to replace the whole headlight.  Unless your car has been converted, (to 12v) it should be a 6v headlight.

Good luck!
Joe

harvey b

If you want it to be "correct",the headlights did not have the little "bumps" for the alignment tool,the face was smooth,not sure if they are reproduced like that or they have the little bumps on the new ones.You basically pointed the car at the wall and aimed the lights that way,thats how it was done back then.harveyb
Harvey Bowness

Jay Friedman

As Joe Jensen mentioned, you have "sealed beam" headlights. Cadillac switched to sealed beams in 1940.  Unless one of them isn't working, why do you want to change them? 

If you do want new ones they are sold by:

https://www.fusickautomotiveproducts.com/searchprods.asp

They are very easy to replace.  All you need are a Phillps and a flat screwdriver.  Unscrew the outer chrome headlight rim, then the inner.  Then you can unplug the old sealed beam.  Everything goes in the same way.  Be careful to not unscrew the 2 screws which "aim" the sealed beams.
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."