News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Cadillac 1947 Motor rebuild now with pciture

Started by Mawerick2c, August 09, 2022, 05:58:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mawerick2c

Hi
I have bought a 1947 motor in parts and have found a part I do not know what is and where it fits on the motor. I a not even certain that it is from this motor.
Please see attached pic if you could help.

Best Regards
Robertpart-Cadillac.jpg

Jeff Trahan

That looks like the "restrictor" that was referred to in a post of mine from a few years ago. See the attached link.

https://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?topic=133485.msg285757#msg285757

Jeff Trahan
1938 Cadillac V16 9033
1947 Cadillac 62 Convertible Coupe
1958 Cadillac Biarritz

Mawerick2c

Hi Jeff

I Think tour are right.

Do you have a picture of where it should be on the motor?

The mechanic that is helping me does it understand English at all. An my mechanical skills are limited

Thank you

Br
Robert

Quote from: Jeff Trahan on August 09, 2022, 08:21:31 AMThat looks like the "restrictor" that was referred to in a post of mine from a few years ago. See the attached link.

https://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?topic=133485.msg285757#msg285757

CadillacFanBob

I believe this is what you are looking for:

The MPL shows the rear top of engine block in the center area, it is listed as a connector, oil pipe (restrictor) for crankcase to valve compartment pipe. Here is a photo of the engine lubrication system, 1946 thru 1948  /  TYPICAL 0F 1936 THRU 1942 V-8 ENGINES. from MPL book. SEE GROUP # 8.3478

NOTE: Buick also used similar connector on the straight 8 engine 1936 thru 1947 was located in lubrication port on cylinder head, and also had filter/screen inside cylinder head before connector was screwed in.

Bob
Frankfort, Illinois

toybox

It is the restrictor . Don't lose it as it's not a parts house part.  Tim

Mawerick2c

Mawerick2c

Hi Again
what book is this from and doyou know where i could by a copy.
Thoose i have a poor scanned copy and doenot have this in it

BR
Robert

CadillacFanBob

The photo in post #3, is from original MPL effective date May 1, 1954.
maybe try on this forum "want to buy" OR just look on e-bay for an original NOT a copy of one, this book was given to me by a friend that did not want it any more, and I am glad he gave it to me, he does call me from time to time looking for information from it.

Bob
Frankfort, Illinois