News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1947 series 62 dash light issues

Started by Unoskruame, August 17, 2022, 07:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unoskruame

Hello, I just purchased a 1947 series 62 sedan when I the headlight switch out to the first Notch I get parking lamps,tail lights,and dash lights. Second notch headlights come on but dad lights go off. Everything else is normal. I can't figure out why dash lights go out when headlights are on but on when parking lights are on. Any ideas?

toybox

Your dash light wire is on the paring light terminal. Chances are the rheostat went out and they moved it there. If that's the case move it to the tail light terminal and all will work but you will not be able to to adjust/dim the dash lights. I did this with my 46 coup.  Tim

Unoskruame

Thanks for the response. I think you were exactly right, because the rheostat does not work which is really not important to me because on these all cars the dash lights don't get very bright anyway. I'll give it a try in a little bit and let you know what happens. Thanks, Steve

Unoskruame

Well, I tried what you said about switching the dash light wire to the tail light wire. That worked but now my parking lights stay on with the headlights and I don't think that should be happening

toybox

So how many wires were on the park light terminal and how many did you move? It should have had two and only one was the dash lights, the other being the parks should stay put.  If this is what is there and what you have done somewhere the two circuits are crossing. Since it just happened I would look at the switch terminals or close to it. Patients and logic are your best friend here.    Hope this helps, Tim