News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

59-60 Eldorado hub cap and rim

Started by 60eldo, August 18, 2022, 01:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

60eldo

I have a few 59-60 rims here and Im trying to mount eldo caps on them. Some fit some dont. Some of the rims are 16 5/8 outside measurment ,some 16 3/4. Was there a different rim for the eldos and fleetwoods. I think there was, but Im not sure
Jon. Kluczynski

Ken Perry

The rims are the same for all 59 and 60 Cadillac,commercial chassis is a heavy duty wheel,but takes the same cap. 58 Cadillac also same wheel. Ken Perry
Cadillac Ken

35-709

All these wheels are identified on the inside of the rim (tire removed) by manufacturer, size, date, part number etc., the secret is knowing the codes.  Motor Wheel and Kelsey-Hayes are 2 that I find.  The Motor Wheel part # is X-40008, Kelsey Hayes is 43261.  This was discussed here back in 2014 ---
https://forums.cadillaclasalleclub.org/index.php?topic=129440.0

The link given to a catalog in one of the later postings at the link above is no longer valid but the link below will take you to the same place.   
http://www.jholst.net/tires-wheels/MotorWheelCat_1964a.pdf

Simple answer, though, is that if the correct hubcaps don't fit, it is not a correct wheel for a '60 Cadillac. 
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

60eldo

Heres the rim 16 3/4 that the eldo cap fits. In the other article from mr newcombe, the gent there says a true rim is 16 5/8, I beg to differ and think they are 16 3/4, hope we can figure this out. Un fortunatly I cant take all me tires off to look. Years ago I had a guy in Sweeden wanting a 59 rim and was spicific on 1/4 inch difference.
Jon. Kluczynski

60eldo

Does anyone have a 59-60 rim, proper stamping, that they can measure from outside diameter , so we can find out the truth cause I can guarentee you that 16 5/8 rim, will not allow your cap to fit.
Jon. Kluczynski