News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Thirties Cadillac limo - V16 ? - in video

Started by Philippe M. Ruel, December 04, 2007, 09:01:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philippe M. Ruel

Hello,

This is like a "quizz" for Cadillac enthusiasts here - especially Yann, the official database compiler.

I noticed a 1930s car in a video clip on Youtube that looks like a 1934-37 Cadillac long-wheelbased (V16?) limousine. The "flying lady" on top of hood is characteristic, but the car is not seen long enough and image quality is poor.
This is from a Deep Purple clip "woman from Tokyo", 30 seconds after the beginning.
The video can be seen here : http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=Na865z6Xbo4
Any clues of what model it is ? where the video was shot (Tokyo airport) ?

I attach two poor-quality screen shots.
1952 60 Special in France.

Terry Wenger CLC #1800

Hi Philippe:

I am going to guess that it is a '37 V8 or V12 limousine.  It is not a V16. It has a WWII replacement grille, and the wheel cover on the rear looks like an original but the one on the front looks more like a '36 hubcap and wheelcover combination.

Terry

veesixteen

I agree with Terry on this one; definitely NOT a V-16.  The grille looks like a 1936 model but the body seems to be from 1937. And the body style is obviously one of the large "Series 75" cars (sedan or limousine).

Quote from: Terry Wenger CLC #1800 on December 04, 2007, 11:09:38 AM
Hi Philippe:

I am going to guess that it is a '37 V8 or V12 limousine.  It is not a V16. It has a WWII replacement grille, and the wheel cover on the rear looks like an original but the one on the front looks more like a '36 hubcap and wheelcover combination.

Terry
Yann Saunders, CLC #12588
Compiler and former keeper of "The Cadillac Database"
aka "MrCadillac", aka "Veesixteen"