News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Kent moor tool for hydramatic

Started by ceejay, July 31, 2020, 09:53:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Quote from: CadillacFanBob on June 29, 2022, 04:45:31 PMMike 15848,

Thank You Very Much, I like the wildaboutcarsonline.

Bob

No Problem Bob,

I took another better picture of that tool you wanted to see.....Looks like it was built by somebody else, not GM

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

CadillacFanBob

Quote from: Mike Baillargeon #15848 on June 29, 2022, 05:41:26 PMNo Problem Bob,

I took another better picture of that tool you wanted to see.....Looks like it was built by somebody else, not GM

Mike

Great additional photos,

Thank You Mike

Bob
Frankfort, Illinois

Jerome506237DX

Quote from: Jerome506237DX on June 22, 2022, 01:51:07 PMI was planning on making it myself, it shouldn't be too hard. Shipping will be a thing, I'm in the Netherlands...

Change of plans: I just bought an aftermarket tool. New Britain ATL2, it looks like the same tool Mike has.
1950 Coupe de Ville
1956 Oldsmobile Super 88

PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

As pointed out my photos from years ago are in post no.6 on this thread. The difference between the years is the position of the locating hole. Mine has the later holes drilled in it. Each hole has the year stamped next to it. Phil

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Quote from: Jerome506237DX on July 12, 2022, 02:14:04 AMChange of plans: I just bought an aftermarket tool. New Britain ATL2, it looks like the same tool Mike has.

Jerome, where did you find your New Britain ATL2 tool??

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

Jerome506237DX

Quote from: Mike Baillargeon #15848 on July 12, 2022, 12:29:00 PMJerome, where did you find your New Britain ATL2 tool??

Mike

I searched on ebay and found someone who sells a lot of old special tools. His name is Bill, ebay id tool*guy. I contacted him through Ebay and he happened to have this tool coming his way. Nice person to trade with. I'm not sure whether I saw his name come up here on this forum or somewhere else on the worldwideweb...

Jérôme
1950 Coupe de Ville
1956 Oldsmobile Super 88

PHIL WHYTE CLC 14192

Bill Sawrey I believe? I got my KM tools from him. Phil

5390john

Here's an update on my own treasure hunt for the Kent Moore, or Snap On Hydramatic throttle rod adjusting tool for my '55 CDV.

A local shop had the Snap On "Automatic Transmission Adjustment Tools" wall mount tool set. They got it from a mechanic who retired years ago. It includes the AT-53 tool and they had used it on my car to adjust the shifting. A while back the owner asked me if I wanted to buy the tool since using it once on my car was the only time they had ever used it.

I said sure, I'll buy it! How much? Then he changed his mind and didn't want to sell it AND said they don't ever loan tools either!

I said fine, thanks for the offer.

About 2 months later I got a call from the shop's office manager asking if I was still interested in the tool.
Instantaneously I said "HELL YES!" How much?
$150.00 cash was the answer, I said I'll be right over!!

Turns out, the shop owner decided to close the shop! FYI, this has been one of the better old car shops in Portland. The owner is going to concentrate on his race car team and related race car stuff.

Also turns out that the offer included the whole set of vintage Snap On tools, see photos.

All I had to do was a little clean up and mount the set on the wall, way cool!

Moral of the story? You never know when something might pop up!

John Adams

1955 CDV "Marilyn"

"Panic Accordingly"

CadillacFanBob

@5390john GREAT find, I wish that would happen to me sometimes.

Bob
Frankfort, Illinois