News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Forum Software Update

Started by sbartelski, May 31, 2022, 11:57:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sbartelski

I am pleased to announce that the update of the Forum software seems to be successful. Instead of just a security patch update I was able to upgrade to the latest version of the software. This does include some changes, including a new look.

Please contact me immediately via PM or email (webmaster@cadillaclasalleclub.org) if you encounter any issues or have any questions.

Stefan Bartelski
Stefan Bartelski

webmaster@cadillaclasalleclub.org
470-253-4725

Highwayman68

Thank you for your efforts!
1968 Fleetwood Purchased in 1981

Ralph Messina CLC 4937

Stefan,

Did we lose the "updated posts since last visit" function?
1966 Fleetwood Brougham-with a new caretaker http://bit.ly/1GCn8I4
1966 Eldorado-with a new caretaker  http://bit.ly/1OrxLoY
2018 GMC Yukon

David Greenburg

Ralph:

Try logging out and then back in.  When I did this I got the "Unread topics" list.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Highwayman68

Quote from: Ralph Messina CLC 4937 on May 31, 2022, 07:27:19 PMStefan,

Did we lose the "updated posts since last visit" function?

It is now in the upper right corner.
1968 Fleetwood Purchased in 1981

J. Gomez

Stefan,

With the new version of forum software, features, options and looks it will be beneficial for folks that are not well verse on computer to add a quick tips on these new changes, just a suggestion.

I have found a few topics that were not in the older version which are now on the new one and would require action by the user.   

While attaching files one would require to click on the "upload bottom" next to each of the files else you will get a pop-up window indicating you have files that required uploading.   :o

Also a few caveat on the attach file;
Is a bit redundant with a pop-up window asking if you want to mark the messages read.  ::)

There is no option to upload files when you chose to "quick reply" to a message ??? only when you chose "reply" the option is available.   ???
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

sbartelski

Thnaks for the feedback. On the Quick Reply vs. Reply and lack of attachment, it is the way the system is setup. While your request makes sense, I expect that the Quick Reply is just that a quick reply without bells and whistles. As to other new features and changes, I will see if there is something at the software's support forum that I could post for the members
Stefan Bartelski

470-253-4725

Cape Cod Fleetwood

When we post photos, will they now post correctly or sideways....
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all

J. Gomez

Stefan,
A few more bugs..!  ;)

There seem to be other issues with the forum, not sure if is just on my side or others having a similar issue.

While jumping in and out from a few of the forum sections the screen display nothing after it enters the linked page.

Here is one shoot under the "General Discussion" after I clicked the "General Discussion" link in the main page, the entry shows nothing, same as going to the "Technical" one.
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

dn010

I was just about to post the same exact complaint as above - 95% of the time I click on a link, it loads a page with just the "home" section and nothing below it as pictured above. Once I reload or click the link again, most times it will finally load.
-----Dan Benedek
'57 Cadillac Sedan Deville 6239DX
'81 DMC DeLorean

Jason Edge

Just a couple of things for me. Using my Windows 10 Desktop running Google Chrome I get a blank screen on most links when I first click the link, but as soon as I hit refresh (pf5) the target screen with all the content appears. Also the font seems really faint depending on what you are looking at. Ironically the text box you type your reply in as I am doing right now is crystal clear. I remember different content having better contrast and clarity especially on the desktop. I looked at this on my iPhone with IOS and not as bad. Perhaps the blank screens have something to do with updated having not completely propagated across all servers. Either way it is annoying the first time you encounter it.
Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Executive Vice President
CLC 1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Director - www.6364Cadillac.com
CLC Carolina Region Webmaster - www.CRCLC.org
CLC MRC Benefactor
email - jasonedge64@outlook.com
1964 Coupe DeVille - Sierra Gold - http://bit.ly/1WnOQRX
2002 Escalade EXT - Black
2013 Escalade EXT Premium Edition - Xenon Blue
2022 XT5 Luxury Premium - Dark Moon Blue Metallic

sbartelski

Quote from: J. Gomez on June 01, 2022, 04:06:50 PMStefan,
A few more bugs..!  ;)

There seem to be other issues with the forum, not sure if is just on my side or others having a similar issue.

While jumping in and out from a few of the forum sections the screen display nothing after it enters the linked page.

Here is one shoot under the "General Discussion" after I clicked the "General Discussion" link in the main page, the entry shows nothing, same as going to the "Technical" one.

I have noticed the same issue, not sure why it happens. I will have to bring this up to the SMF (forum software) support group. I will post when I get an resolution

Stefan
Stefan Bartelski

470-253-4725

TMoore - NTCLC

Like others, most of the links are not opening in the expected view - just a header view with no content.  I find that if I click on the link in the header view, the content will appear (similar to a refresh):  All in all, a very nice update, and a huge "Thank You" for all of the effort -

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: TMoore - NTCLC on June 02, 2022, 02:30:00 PMLike others, most of the links are not opening in the expected view - just a header view with no content.  I find that if I click on the link in the header view, the content will appear (similar to a refresh):  All in all, a very nice update, and a huge "Thank You" for all of the effort -

Even doing that, it is taking me repeated attempts to get the discussion page to load. I took me six tries for this discussion just before I made this posting. 
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Appreciate the efforts to update the forum but this is not working well.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Roger Zimmermann

Ah! changes often add new issues! As everybody knows, email address are not welcome on the forum; the text "address not permitted" will appear. This morning, I got a PM and the email address I requested is also unreadable.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Roger Zimmermann

Something different: when I'm in the forum, I don't see how I can go to either the PMs I sent or received. Right now, I sent one and oups! it's nowhere. Annoying.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

CadillacFanBob

I have 3 questions,

!) under my clc number it shows "show ip address" why does that appear? never remember seeing that before update.

2) is there a box to check when I post a reply to alert me by e-mail of the latest reply by someone else?

3) can I receive both notifications and e-mail to alert me.

I have updated my profile.

Thank you in advance,

Bob Smukula.
Frankfort, Illinois

sbartelski

Quote from: CadillacFanBob on June 03, 2022, 09:13:07 AMI have 3 questions,

!) under my clc number it shows "show ip address" why does that appear? never remember seeing that before update. <<This has been introduced as a convenience to forum members, it was part of the upgrade>>

2) is there a box to check when I post a reply to alert me by e-mail of the latest reply by someone else? <<Yes, but you may be able to set a default in your profile>>

3) can I receive both notifications and e-mail to alert me. <<Yes, another profile setting>>

I have updated my profile.

Thank you in advance,

Bob Smukula.
Stefan Bartelski

470-253-4725

sbartelski

Choose the level of notification of post replies by clicking on the right most button at the top of the post page (same group of buttons where the 'REPLY' button occurs)

Stefan Bartelski

470-253-4725