News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Color Sales by Year Question

Started by LeviathanTube, August 04, 2022, 11:57:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeviathanTube

I searched the 1965 Data Book for the 1964 sales by color but didn't see that information. I've seen similar information in Data Books of other years. Was sales data by color made public in most years?

J. Skelly

no, it was made available to dealers, most likely for ordering purposes to keep a stock of certain colors on hand for potential customers
Jim Skelly, CLC #15958
1968 Eldorado
1977 Eldorado Biarritz
1971 Eldorado (RIP)

LeviathanTube

Am I misremembering seeing this information published in the data books of certain years? Are there other sources of this information?

Clewisiii

I would say it is not available.  The build sheets are all still on paper. I do not believe anyone has gone through and cross checked them all.   On the old 61 62 forumn there was a registry of cars where people would add in their color. But this was only self reported of surviving cars. From that data my cars York Blue Metallic was only on 2 percent of cars.
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Jason Edge

Exterior color %'s were often included in the next year spec book.  To see 1964 color %'s, see 1965 Spec Book page 4.

26377BFE-E122-4C2B-A390-BE14E121E858.jpeg
Jason Edge
Lifetime Member
Executive Vice President
CLC 1963/64 Cadillac Chapter Director - www.6364Cadillac.com
CLC Carolina Region Webmaster - www.CRCLC.org
CLC MRC Benefactor
email - jasonedge64@outlook.com
1964 Coupe DeVille - Sierra Gold - http://bit.ly/1WnOQRX
2002 Escalade EXT - Black
2013 Escalade EXT Premium Edition - Xenon Blue
2022 XT5 Luxury Premium - Dark Moon Blue Metallic

LeviathanTube

Quote from: Jason Edge on August 04, 2022, 09:38:58 PMExterior color %'s were often included in the next year spec book.  To see 1964 color %'s, see 1965 Spec Book page 4.

26377BFE-E122-4C2B-A390-BE14E121E858.jpeg

I knew I remembered seeing that info! My mistake was looking for a separate chart as I flipped through quickly. Thanks so much!

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

I'm not sure whether color data was listed in the specs manuals for all model years.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

LeviathanTube

It's good for getting a sense of what colors were popular. I'm not sure it can be considered totally accurate. What about non-El Dorado models that were painted with Firemist colors? We know those exist.

I've seen cars for sale that advertise being one of x number ever made in a certain color. How does one come up with that information?