News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Project: Izzy - The Resurrection of a 1953 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe DeVille

Started by JeremyV, October 26, 2021, 11:12:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JeremyV

This project has been a long time coming. My grandfather bought his first new Cadillac in 1953 to bring my mother home from the hospital. My mother and i have been after this car for a few years and finally found a good candidate for restoration, so this is where i am going to put this story as we move along this restoration. i will have 1000 questions and im excited to get to know this community. I have built quite a few cars for myself but this is my first commissioned restoration and we are pretty excited!

Every Car needs a plan, so the first post will be of the car we saw while searching and decided to build my moms dream car from this. After buying our project Coupe DeVille, the trim tag of the car we bought, is the same as this one in the picture, only the colors were flipped... but we are going to stick with the plan of dark gray on bottom and silver on top!

The Plan...
1953 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe DeVille
1963 Lincoln Continental
1972 Chevy Shortwide

JeremyV

The small things...

My mother has kept this in a file, since her father bought his first cadillac... He even wrote on it.
1963 Lincoln Continental
1972 Chevy Shortwide

JeremyV

Deconstruction has begun...

lots of bagging and tagging and making mountains of parts to be sent off for Chrome, polishing or fab... the rust is minimal, but theres gonna be some metal replaced.
1963 Lincoln Continental
1972 Chevy Shortwide

jmurrayent

Jeremy, looks like a great project and a great story behind the restoration.  We chatted on Facebook I believe about my '52 coupe chassis.  I believe the front frame horns to mount the bumper are different on the 52 from the '53's.  I do have a '53 sedan that I will be parting out if you wanted the whole frame section from the firewall forward.  Keep the project photos coming!
J. Allen Murray
1950 62 Convertible
1952 62 Coupe
(3) 1953 62 Coupes
1954 Eldorado
1965 Deville Convertible
1970 Deville Convertible
Many 50-53 coupe and sedan parts and cars

35-709

Looks like a great car to restore and make your Mom's dream car!  Keep the progress posts coming.
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

pmhowe

That is an extremely handsome car. I hope you go with the colors in one of the earlier pictures. The grays really make that car look superb. I look forward to seeing your progress. Great car!
Phil