News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Hud movie

Started by Barry M Wheeler #2189, March 18, 2023, 11:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I watched most of Hud this evening on TCM. It was B&W and Paul Newman drove a 1958 Series 62 convertible. It got damaged in the front near the end of the movie, but was drivable. His father died from falling from his horse and was lying in the road causing the Cadillac to run into the rear of Brandon De Wilde's pickup.

The funeral scene featured a black 1958 hearse in all it's glory. I'd never bothered to watch this show. It essentially just "stops" at the end.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

harvey b

I watched it last night too,kind of a sad movie,Hud was a real cad,wonder how long he could have held on to the ranch after everyone left,not long i bet. :D .I always watch the old movies for the cars,drives my wife crazy listening to me babble on about the "wrong" car in the time period the movies are set in. harveyb
Harvey Bowness

Mike Josephic CLC #3877

A great movie.  I have it on DVD along with a few others
of Paul Newmann's hits when he was in his prime.

Mike
1955 Cadillac Eldorado
1973 Cadillac Eldorado
1995 Cadillac Seville
2004 Escalade
1997 GMC Suburban 4X4, 454 engine, 3/4 ton
custom built by Santa Fe in Evansville, IN
2011 Buick Lucerne CX
-------------------------------------
CLCMRC Museum Benefactor #38
Past: VP International Affiliates, Museum Board Director, President / Director Pittsburgh Region

jwwseville60

He was a nice man.

1960 Eldorado Seville, Copper, "IKE"
1961 CDV, gold, "Goldfinger"
1964 Eldorado, Turquoise, "Billy the Squid"
1963 De Ville Station Wagon Vista roof, silver blue, "Race Bannon"
1963 Fleetwood 60S, turquoise, "The Miami Special"
1959 Sedan Deville flat top, tan, "Jupiter-2"
1947 Caddy Sedanette 62, black, "Johnny Cash"
1970 ASC Fleetwood wagon, dark blue, "Iron Maiden"
Lifetime CLC

Jon S

I always got a kick of how they dubbed in the sound of burning rubber on an asphalt road when the car is on a dirt road when Newman floors the convertible
Jon

1958 Cadillac Sedan De Ville
1973 Lincoln Continental Coupe
1981 Corvette
2004 Mustang GT

Dave Ventresca

patricia neal was very sexy. and the interaction between the two was great.

billyoung

I remember at one point in the Movie Paul Newman says to someone to be careful that the 1958 Series 62 convertible is an expensive car but Newman drives it like a demolition derby car himself.
Age 68, Living in Gods waiting room ( Florida ) Owned over 40 Old Cadillac's from 1955's to 1990 Brougham's. Currently own a 1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and a 1992 Cadillac 5.7 Brougham.