News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

"Shasta", my '49 Club Coupe

Started by Thomas Bredahl, December 15, 2012, 09:09:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas Bredahl

Let's get some updates in here :)

So, 2022 was my first whole season in the '49 after a lengthy and, honestly, tiring restoration.
It really has been like getting a completely new car, as it just rolls down the road effortlessly and quiet.

I have some issues though, to address still.
One of them is to get my carburetor to run properly, mostly to do with an insufficient accelleration circuit. I will do a search on here, to see if anyone else has had troubles getting their carb set up right.

Other than that, it is just a peach with small jobs still, but plenty enjoyable.

I have sent more than one kind thought towards Jeff Maltby this past summer, as he really helped me out getting the car, some 16 years ago, but also both sold and gifted me some hard to get parts along the way.
God speed my friend.

Thomas
Copenhagen - Denmark

James Landi

Thomas,

That is one MAGNIFICIENT automobile!  Your two pictures capture the unique design... have you made a decision to maintain the original paint, or are you planning a new paint job?  More details, your plans
and more picture are certainly appreciated.   THanks for posting, James

Thomas Bredahl

Quote from: James Landi on January 24, 2023, 07:57:34 AMThomas,

That is one MAGNIFICIENT automobile!  Your two pictures capture the unique design... have you made a decision to maintain the original paint, or are you planning a new paint job?  More details, your plans
and more picture are certainly appreciated.   THanks for posting, James

Thank you James.

Ever since I got the car, in 2004, the plan was always to keep the exterior look of a life well spent. Real wear and tear has appealed to me my whole adult life, much the same way that I like a discreet lowering - because it looks used and has history.
Thus, a new paint job is not in my plans but I dream of having the interior done. Is is too far gone to call it patina, it is just worn out and brittle.

Thomas
Copenhagen - Denmark

James Landi

Great pictures-- you certainly know your car's best angles for images.  I certainly appreciate your decision to keep the exterior looking as it does.  There's a clear difference between a car that has been and is being abused and neglected, and one that is well maintained and "presented on the road" with its original paint.  So what is your schedule for tackling the interior?  Again, thanks for the pictures and narrative,   James

Poncholover

I think that seat cover in post 40 is just fine :)
Flattie Caddy