News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Race gas

Started by David Greenburg, April 30, 2022, 11:14:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcroe

Quote from: dochawkBut that's just another TH425, isn't it?

Every 65-67 Buick, Olds, and Cad trans was a switch pitch.
I have been driving what you want for decades, email me
at bcroe@juno.com.  Bruce Roe

dochawk

the switch pitch is only the means to the end, though--what I'm dreaming about is getting a high enough high gear that I might get double digit mileage on the freeway.  The switch pitch is just about dealing with 1st being lifted high as a result.

If any version were possible, it would be a "someday" thing.  At the moment, getting the mustang running to *have* a daily driver and finding a ranger for my wife are the top priorities (the van was stolen almost a month ago), which would let me have the Fleetwood out of service for a couple of weeks to deal with the transmission, followed by getting the body parts and alternator (and maybe regulator), and shocks (maybe struts), so that it can drive, and then I get to focus on the '72.

anyway are you saying that the gearing can actually be changed on the TH425?  I assumed that this was simply impossible given the lack of a rear end.
1972 Eldorado convertible,  1997 Eldorado ETC (now awaiting parts swap from '95 donor), 1993 Fleetwood but no 1926 (yet)

bcroe

email me
at bcroe@juno.com  Bruce Roe

TJ Hopland

Factory had 3.07's some years and the GMC RV people have new 3.07 parts available as well as limited slip if you want to do burnouts and destroy both tires at the same time.   Seems like 77-78 there was a ratio in the high 2's but I'm not sure how easy it would be to find one of those. 
StPaul/Mpls, MN USA

73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI
80 Eldo Diesel
90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

harry s

After installing a new gas tank and sending unit I filled the '41 up today with non-ethanol (89 octane). No leaks and the gauge works. All is good except of course the price of the gas.    Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum