News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1959 Cadillac Original Factory Documents

Started by Joshua, May 12, 2022, 11:51:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joshua

Hello Everyone  :D

I am currently restoring a 1959 Sedan DeVille. I am the third owner of this car (documentation going all the way back to 1959). While removing the carpet, I discovered the three documents pictured below. The first two where found under the right front passenger's carpet. The last document was found under the right rear passengers seat. I am at a complete loss for what they are as I have never seen anything like them and I have been unable to find anything about them. Has anyone ever seen any like these or does anyone know what they are?

Thanks for any assistance,
Josh
1959 Cadillac Sedan DeVille 6 Window (X2)
1959 Cadillac Sedan DeVille 4 Window
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood
1964 Volkswagen Type I

Cadillac Jack 82

Factory goodies!  Place them in protective sleeves to save them for future enjoyment.  Nice find!
Tim

CLC Member #30850

1959 Cadillac CDV "Shelley"
1964 Cadillac SDV "Rosalie"
1966 Oldsmobile Toronado "Sienna"

Past Cars

1937 LaSalle Cpe
1940 Chevrolet Cpe
1941 Ford 11Y
1954 Buick 48D
1955 Cadillac CDV
1955 Packard Clipper
1957 Cadillac Series 62
1962 VW Bug
1962 Dodge 880
1966 Mercury Montclair
1967 Buick Wildcat Convertible
1968 Chevy Chevelle SS
1968 Plymouth Barracuda
1977 Lincoln MKV

Seville Life

They are interesting. Don't forget we are looking at two assembly plants, Cadillac on Clark Street and Fisher-Fleetwood on Fort Street.

You say you found these under carpet and seats I would think that means they were put there at Fisher-Fleetwood?

The large label stating Complete Body Buyout. The term Buyout typically referred to inspectors signing-off a body or complete car. So possibly that label are inspectors (four different numbers ink stamped) Fleetwood inspectors saying the body was up to the standard Cadillac would accept. Once at Clark Street more Fleetwood inspectors did that inspection again before Cadillac inspectors did the same thing. The bodies moved over tilted mirrors so inspectors could see the floor pans and welding work.

The second is new to me, but it has a punched hole where it says Gate. I would suggest this was the exit dock through which the body was shipped?
Paul Bedford