News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Center support bracket from hood to cowl for a 56 or similar

Started by Byeldon56, July 12, 2022, 07:59:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Byeldon56

Hello, I am in search of this part for my 56 sedan Deville, This part helps keep the rear of the hood from hitting the cowl when opening or closing.

Lexi

Hello Brian, just saw this post in parts wanted. I had responded in your General Discussion thread about this part you are looking for. In that thread Dan had replied that a hood adjustment is required. That said, the piece you are looking for was designed to keep the hood from flexing and to stabilize it. It would assist in sorting out some of your hood issues, but as Dan replied you probably still need to adjust the hood as well.

The part you are looking for is a hood anti-flutter attachment. Fits at the central windshield end of the hood to stabilize it. I have a spare one, perhaps even two, that I would sell. May need new rubber. Easily replaced with a segment of that small rubber vacuum hose tubing. What I have came off of a 1956 Cadillac Series 62 SDV or CDV. From memory it looks a lot like (or just like the one in your photo). Don't think I have the mounting hardware but that should be available locally.

Will media blast it so it would be ready for you to paint or clear coat. $25 USD, shipping is extra with tracking. Send me a personal message if interested. Can dig out and post a photo if you like. Clay/Lexi

Byeldon56

Lexi

Attached is a shot of this bracket following media blasting today. I left what is left of the rubber tubing on it. Any subsequent tubing you slide on may fit better with what is left there. Or strip off and use that plasti-dip stuff. Clay/Lexi

Byeldon56

Thank you for the pic Clay, Looking forward to getting it.

Lexi

Hey Brian looks like I can't post a picture in PM. If someone knows how to do this please advise. Attached is a photo of the 2 cigarette lighters as discussed in our PMs. Not sure if operational, probably not. In decent condition otherwise1956 Cadillac Lighters.jpeg. Clay/Lexi

Lexi

Hello Brian. Check your PM message center as I sent you a Personal Message regarding the parts you are interested in. Clay/Lexi