News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1941 Cadillac Under Hood Fresh air parts for heater

Started by J. Russo, July 13, 2022, 09:29:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J. Russo

Please see attached photo. I have a ventilating defrosting heater installed in my series 63 Cadillac. I'm looking for what is called a silencer that is in the middle of 2 duct hoses under the hood. I can get the duct hoses. I just need the silencer and any other parts that go with it.

I've already checked with Gately and he does not have it.Fresh air silencer for ventilating defrosting heater.jpg

Thank you
Thanks,
John Russo
CLC Member #32828

harry s

John, That is a hard item to find. Check with Marty and Larry.    Harry
Harry Scott 4195
1941 6733
1948 6267X
2011 DTS Platinum

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Just in case you would need it, I think I still have the heavier tube that goes through the firewall that has a bend on one end. Harry, you might need this for stock.
As a note of interest, this defrosting ventilating heater was the only argument that Carl and I ever had. (And I was the one that was right!)
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

J. Russo

Barry,

I recently read about the discussion you mentioned in a past issue of the Self Starter.

In case you are referring to the same part, I have the elbow attachment that fits on the side of the heater. It has the fresh air on/off dial that opens and closes a metal flap inside. I also have the 3 inch diameter metal tube that attaches to the elbow and fits through the firewall.

I found the silencer I need. I am working on finalizing the transaction.

Thanks,
John
Thanks,
John Russo
CLC Member #32828

Barry M Wheeler #2189

It sounds as if you have all you need, John. I don't know how the one end got that bend in it as heavy as it is. Talk about over-engineering...

I don't know whether I've mentioned this lately, but in perusing the Master Parts List some time ago, I noticed that the "standard" Series 63 interior was also used in the Deluxe Series 6109 four door. The part #s were the same.

I think they needed about ten different dies to change the rear end to the 6319D from the standard "B" body four door that GM got so much good out of from 1941-1949 in every car but Chevrolet.

Thanks for the reply and good luck with the car. Barry
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville