News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Hello, I'm new...

Started by Aeroman (Juan Ramirez), September 17, 2007, 10:04:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aeroman (Juan Ramirez)

Hi everyone, my name is Juan (Aeroman) and I am new to this site but not to LaSalle.  My dad and I put a 1940 4-door (suicide doors) together back in 1993.  Just yesterday, I bought my own LaSalle, a 1939 Opera Coupe with the rear fold down seats. The previous owner sold it to me for $4,000, all original and complete.  I am hoping I made a good buy!  I hope to learn a lot here and meet new people. 

I guess I can start off by my first question:  Where, on a '39 LaSalle Coupe, can I locate the VIN #?

Thanks a lot!

1939 LaSalle Opera Coupe

Jack McClow CLC #15840

Hi Juan,

I can't help you locate the VIN plate on your '39, but I would like to welcome you to the Cadillac & LaSalle Club.

And it sounds like you have found a really nice car at a great price in your new '40 ...... I hope to meet you and your car one of these days soon.

Where do you live?  Have you heard about the big LaSalle show to be held on Sunday, October 28th in Greenbelt, Maryland (just outside Washington, D.C.) at Capitol Cadillac?  If not, please go to www.clcpotomacregion.org for more information.  And please try to come to the event and bring both of your LaSalles ....... you'll have a great time and your cars would make a great addition to our event.

All the best to you ....... please let us know if you need any more information.

Jack McClow
Potomac Region

Aeroman (Juan Ramirez)

Thanks for the welcome Jack!  I live in Southern California.  So, its quite a ways.  Thanks for the invite anyway!
1939 LaSalle Opera Coupe

homeonprunehill

Quote from: Aeroman (Juan Ramirez) on September 17, 2007, 10:04:27 AM
Hi everyone, my name is Juan (Aeroman) and I am new to this site but not to LaSalle.  My dad and I put a 1940 4-door (suicide doors) together back in 1993.  Just yesterday, I bought my own LaSalle, a 1939 Opera Coupe with the rear fold down seats. The previous owner sold it to me for $4,000, all original and complete.  I am hoping I made a good buy!  I hope to learn a lot here and meet new people. 

I guess I can start off by my first question:  Where, on a '39 LaSalle Coupe, can I locate the VIN #?

Thanks a lot! quote

09-17-07
Juan, welcome to the CLC! May as well start out on the right foot,so to speak. Bad news,Juan, there is no VIN number on the car,only a SERIAL NUMBER, which is located,according to the "La Salle" Cadillac's Companion car (book  put togother by Ron Van Gelderen and Matt Larson, which is still availible, go to the "home page" for information to order the book. Per the book,the vehicle (engine) SERIAL NUMBER is "on rough flat surface on rear portion of crankcase L.H. block, numbered at right angle with the crankshaft. Numbering to start from the top" Also, the same number is on the Chassis Numbers Same as engine serial numbers. Location of chassis number is "Top surface of frame side bar, just ahead of dash, opposite steering gear"
Good Luck,JIM
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES