News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1972 Eldo hood latch

Started by Lexi, May 10, 2023, 04:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lexi

A buddy is looking for the plastic hood release latch for a '72 Eldo. Anyone out there with this spare part? Clay/Lexi

The Tassie Devil(le)

Are you referring to the handle that is in the passenger compartment?

I don't know of any other plastic part for the hood release that could be made of Plastic.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Lexi

Bruce good point. I never actually saw the part, but he did say it was made of plastic adding that "one of the ears had broken off". So it seems like the one you described. Clay/Lexi

The Tassie Devil(le)

If you cannot get one closer, I have one here that might be available, but postage would be high.   Mine is from a '71 Eldo, so I will have to see if there is any difference.

Hopefully there will be one closer.

'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Lexi

My buddy said it is on the inside as you said it would be. If your '71 part is the same and you are open to sell it, let me know and I shall advise my friend, (who is also a CLC member-just not active on the Forum). Thanks Bruce. Clay/Lexi

Roger Zimmermann

The 1971 to 1973 hood lock release control are all the same.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Lexi

Thank you Roger! Clay/Lexi

Lexi

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) on May 10, 2023, 08:06:28 PMIf you cannot get one closer, I have one here that might be available, but postage would be high.   Mine is from a '71 Eldo, so I will have to see if there is any difference.

Hopefully there will be one closer.

I will pass on this information to my CLC member buddy. Thanks to you all. Clay/Lexi