News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Rochester 7006221

Started by Nickl, May 15, 2023, 07:38:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickl

Hey
Searching for a Rochester 7006221. Rebuilt or in repair condition
1954 Cadillac Series 62 Coupe

Lexi

So that is a Rochester for a 1954 Cadillac equipped with AC, according to my reference material here. Slight chance I may have a core. Will look. Clay/Lexi

Nickl

Should be one without AC

Lexi

Hmmm... Unless I read it wrong, my mid 1950s Rochester Service Manual said otherwise. I will dig it out and have another look. Clay/Lexi

Nickl

Quote from: Lexi on May 16, 2023, 10:39:37 AMHmmm... Unless I read it wrong, my mid 1950s Rochester Service Manual said otherwise. I will dig it out and have another look. Clay/Lexi
Have the picture from the 54 Shop manual but let me know what you have !
Thank you

brian faull clc#25881

Are you looking for a Rochester for a 1954 without A/C? My parts book shows it should be part number 700 6962 Rochester 4GC and notes when Exhausted use part # 701 5400 If so, I have a very nice Rochester 4GC 700 6962. Let me know. Thanks, Brian.
brian faull clc#25881

Lexi

Quote from: Nickl on May 16, 2023, 01:28:21 PMHave the picture from the 54 Shop manual but let me know what you have !
Thank you

No longer have a '54 carb, but here are a couple of images from my 1956 - 1957 Rochester Service Manual. Seems to give the opposite information given in your shop manual. As the shop manuals were printed in the fall the year before, I wonder if it was a printing error that the Rochester Manual later corrected? Or did Rochester screw up? Plus there is a page of additional carb numbers provided that appear to broaden your search. Perhaps someone can explain this mixed up numbers thing? Note the date of issue information in the upper RH corners of each page. So these would almost certainly post date the publication of the shop manual, as printed in February and August 1954. But did they get it right? Clay/Lexi

Edit: Brian's information for the later number 700 6962 agrees with what is in this Rochester Service Manual. Common to see newer issued numbers quoted as replacing older ones. But the mix up of the other two earlier numbers I find is odd. Currently I have no explanation for that.

Nickl

Little bit confusing because the masters parts list I have also tell that carb number 700 6962 is for a 54 without ac... the shop manual listed carb 7006221 for cars without ac

Nickl

Quote from: brian faull clc#25881 on May 17, 2023, 12:15:06 AMAre you looking for a Rochester for a 1954 without A/C? My parts book shows it should be part number 700 6962 Rochester 4GC and notes when Exhausted use part # 701 5400 If so, I have a very nice Rochester 4GC 700 6962. Let me know. Thanks, Brian.

Yes looking for a 54 carb without ac.
Do you have pictures of the carb? Price?

Nickl

Quote from: brian faull clc#25881 on May 17, 2023, 12:15:06 AMAre you looking for a Rochester for a 1954 without A/C? My parts book shows it should be part number 700 6962 Rochester 4GC and notes when Exhausted use part # 701 5400 If so, I have a very nice Rochester 4GC 700 6962. Let me know. Thanks, Brian.

Your inbox is full ... had tried to send you a message

brian faull clc#25881

you can call me at 412 952 6027 or email cadillac32v @ hotmail.com
brian faull clc#25881

brian faull clc#25881

Here are some pictures. It's very nice. It was either an early take off or barely used nos. Maybe rebuilt, not sure, but it's in great looking shape. I'm having trouble adding photos. Here is a link to a Google album with pictures of the Carburetor.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XIvxDAMyXa_38FVt0J4_XqeTTJKlV73X?usp=sharing
brian faull clc#25881

Nickl

Quote from: Lexi on May 17, 2023, 12:33:34 AMNo longer have a '54 carb, but here are a couple of images from my 1956 - 1957 Rochester Service Manual. Seems to give the opposite information given in your shop manual. As the shop manuals were printed in the fall the year before, I wonder if it was a printing error that the Rochester Manual later corrected? Or did Rochester screw up? Plus there is a page of additional carb numbers provided that appear to broaden your search. Perhaps someone can explain this mixed up numbers thing? Note the date of issue information in the upper RH corners of each page. So these would almost certainly post date the publication of the shop manual, as printed in February and August 1954. But did they get it right? Clay/Lexi

Edit: Brian's information for the later number 700 6962 agrees with what is in this Rochester Service Manual. Common to see newer issued numbers quoted as replacing older ones. But the mix up of the other two earlier numbers I find is odd. Currently I have no explanation for that.

Do you have a 54 carb?

Lexi

No, I looked and no longer have it. Must have parted with it a way back.  :(   Clay/Lexi

Nickl

Quote from: Lexi on May 17, 2023, 12:33:34 AMNo longer have a '54 carb, but here are a couple of images from my 1956 - 1957 Rochester Service Manual. Seems to give the opposite information given in your shop manual. As the shop manuals were printed in the fall the year before, I wonder if it was a printing error that the Rochester Manual later corrected? Or did Rochester screw up? Plus there is a page of additional carb numbers provided that appear to broaden your search. Perhaps someone can explain this mixed up numbers thing? Note the date of issue information in the upper RH corners of each page. So these would almost certainly post date the publication of the shop manual, as printed in February and August 1954. But did they get it right? Clay/Lexi

Hey! Can you send me the complete pictures of your shop manual? Is there a information about the size of the main and secondary jets?

Lexi

Hey Nickl, were you referring to the shop manual or the Rochester Carburetor Manual? I know you said "Shop Manual", but want to be sure. Clay/Lexi

Nickl

Quote from: Lexi on June 04, 2023, 06:45:31 PMHey Nickl, were you referring to the shop manual or the Rochester Carburetor Manual? I know you said "Shop Manual", but want to be sure. Clay/Lexi

Sorry I mean the  Rochester Carburetor Manual.
I have a few pages of the Rochester Manual but missing the page with jet sizes and other informations

Nickl

Quote from: Nickl on June 05, 2023, 01:15:33 AMSorry I mean the  Rochester Carburetor Manual.
I have a few pages of the Rochester Manual but missing the page with jet sizes and other informations

Have you found it?

Lexi

Yes, but have not yet had the time to copy but will. Slammed right now with work, but will try over next couple of days. Clay/Lexi

Lexi

Quote from: Nickl on June 06, 2023, 02:06:51 PMHave you found it?

Nickl here are all the documents from my 1956 - 1957 Rochester Carburetor Service Manual. They appear in the order in which they were found in the manual. So they are to be read in order. Left them as higher resolution files which may add detail if enlarged. Clay/Lexi