News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1941 Air Filter conversion

Started by kkarrer, November 23, 2011, 11:56:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkarrer

Hello!  Does anyone out there know which Wix, Fram, etc. dry air filter should be used when you convert the old oil bath filter?  I know that All Cads and McVeys have something that uses a K&N type, but they're very expensive.  My car is a 1941 coupe with the original flathead.
Thanks,
Ken Karrer 1941 6227D coupe

Bill Ingler #7799

Hi Ken: I am using a Fram CA 148 air filter on my 47.    Bill Ingler

Alan Harris CLC#1513

I did this on my 1940 Lasalle. Fram 148 sounds right, but I am not sure without looking at it.

There is a thread somewhere on this site that discusses this.

The oil bath mesh comes out readily and the paper filter fits almost exactly. In order to get an airtight fit, I added a few washers to the air filter housing under the wing nut.

kkarrer

Bill, Bill, and Alan,
  Thanks guys!  I'll give it a shot.  The engine's painted and I'm getting the manifolds re-porcelainized and I don't want to mess around with oil from that old bath getting on everything.
Ken Karrer 1941 6227D coupe

dirkdaddy

Is it just me - but the links are not working. I get sent to the main page. ?

Scott Philbrook
Houston tx

Glen

Try this link:

http://www.cadillaclasalleclub.org/forum/index.php?topic=99364.msg103271#msg103271

Or just do a search for oil bath air cleaners. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Richardonly

The links did NOt work for me either.
1948 Cadillac Fleetwood 60S
1995 Lincoln Towncar, Signature Series
1995 Jaguar XJ6
2001 Chrysler Sebring Convertible
1986 Yamaha 700 Maxim X motorcycle