News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Chrome paint for dash trim

Started by Tony clc#24130, December 04, 2021, 04:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony clc#24130

Hi everyone I just wanted to let people know that I found a real nice chrome paint pen set and wanted to share the info. I have 1970 cars and the dash chrome is always faded or non existent. I was on Facebook and saw these pens in three different width tips and gave it a try. It seems much shinier than others I've seen in the past. Anyway the company is called Flysea and the pen part numbers are FS-743 for the 3mm tip,  FS-741 for the 1.0 mm tip, and FS-737 for the 0.7mm tip.

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Mike
Baillargeon

Poncholover

You can find the "Liquid Chrome" brand @ Hobby Lobby.
The results are simply amazing!
It is NOT just silver paint.
Flattie Caddy

Big Fins

I used these to refresh the upper dash trim on my '76 Eldorado and it turned out great. You need a steady hand to get a smooth finish out of it. But they don't work so well at a horizontal position. The pen needs to be held at at least a 45o angle for the product to flow to the tip.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue)
1969 Fleetwood Brougham in Chalice Gold FireMist with matching interior and top. (The Old Man) SOLD!

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Tony clc#24130

I saw them while surfing Facebook. I have only done 1 coat so far but it is already way better. Like I mentioned they are better than the general hobby paints I always
saw out there.

Cape Cod Fleetwood

Used the Hobby Lobby 'chrome' paint pen on my dash during the summer, just extraordinary.
There are 2 kinds of cars in the world, Cadillac and everything else....

The Present -1970 Fleetwood Brougham

The Past -
1996 Deville Concours
1987 Sedan De Ville "Commonwealth Edition"
1981 Coupe De Ville (8-6-4)
1976 Sedan De Ville
1975 Sedan De Ville

The Daily Driver and work slave -
2008 GMC Acadia SLT *options/all