News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1953 Full Dish Wheel Covers

Started by Technician!, April 29, 2022, 09:49:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Technician!

A nice, undamaged set of four are available for sale.  $350  Located in Michigan.  This would not include  shipping charges, if any.
Perfection bordering insanity

jdemerson

Stephen,

If these are nice and undamaged, it is a good buy. I'd respectfully suggest that you take 10 or 15 minutes to clean them up, and then take another photo or two, with one showing the emblems. (I blew up your photo but still could not make out the emblems at the center.)

• Could these be polished with good chrome cleaner, and come out looking very nice WITHOUT rechroming?
  • Would the emblems need replacing, or can they be restored?
  • Are all four ORIGINAL?

Last year I tried to buy one match for the excellent wheel covers on my '52 (one of mine was a good aftermarket replacement, but not quite as deep as the three originals). MeVey's had nice reproductions, but only for 1947 through early 1951; late 1951 and all 1952 are different. MeVey's was not aware of that change. Your 1953's are unique to that model year only. So they should be attractive to someone, especially with the complete set of four.

Good luck!
John Emerson
1952 Cadillac Sedan 6219X
John Emerson
Middlebury, Vermont
CLC member #26790
1952 Series 6219X
http://bit.ly/21AGnvn

Technician!

Perfection bordering insanity

Technician!

More pictures