News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Self Starter articles for print

Started by druby, May 04, 2022, 05:39:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

druby

Has any other CLC members summited articles considered for print in the Self Starter and have not seen or received a reply from the publisher ?
1949 Cadillac 4DR Sedan
1952 Cadillac Convertible
1953 Cadillac Coupe deVille
1958 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood

Barry M Wheeler #2189

I had forgotten that I had submitted the article that appeared in the May S/S, and the inspiration for it was in a S/S way back in 2020. So, there can be a substantial amount of time before your article might appear. Then space must be kept for special issues such as the 1997 that took up much of the front part of the magazine. And there are other considerations.

But, if you think too much time has passed, simply contact the Editor. If there is a "reason", you would probably have been told long before this. Also, in the many times over fifty years that I have submitted articles to the S/S I have seldom gotten an acknowledgement of receipt.

Hang in there, Dan, and thank you for submitting the article. I'm sure it will be of interest to our readers.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Mike Baillargeon #15848

Quote from: Barry M Wheeler #2189 on May 04, 2022, 11:00:10 PM
I had forgotten that I had submitted the article that appeared in the May S/S, and the inspiration for it was in a S/S way back in 2020. So, there can be a substantial amount of time before your article might appear. Then space must be kept for special issues such as the 1997 that took up much of the front part of the magazine. And there are other considerations.

But, if you think too much time has passed, simply contact the Editor. If there is a "reason", you would probably have been told long before this. Also, in the many times over fifty years that I have submitted articles to the S/S I have seldom gotten an acknowledgement of receipt.

Hang in there, Dan, and thank you for submitting the article. I'm sure it will be of interest to our readers.

Barry, I thoroughly enjoyed your article in the May S/S !

Most of us only get to walk through a hall of fame and read the stories of their accomplishments....

You were able to meet, talk and have lunch with some of the greats in our club over the decades....

It was a fun read !   The pictures were great also !

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

CadillacFanBob

I sent a article to the S/S and the editor did acknowledge that he received my article, so it must be on the list to get in the S/S.

Bob
Frankfort, Illinois

Lexi

Quote from: druby on May 04, 2022, 05:39:34 PM
Has any other CLC members summited articles considered for print in the Self Starter and have not seen or received a reply from the publisher ?

I submitted a Technical article to the Self Starter in early January of this year. I exclusively used email for all correspondence & image submissions and found communication with Editor Jeff Shively to be timely and reasonable. While eager to receive my submission Jeff stated that he did not know when my article would be published. They must plan months ahead and have other considerations to be mindful of such as article content and space available.

I think Barry's advice (to be patient) is wise. I also believe that all member article submissions should be acknowledged as received, even if just by way of a form letter to document receipt. My personal experience as well as that of another member with whom I was acquainted, is that communication with the Editor on such matters was quite good. If you used "snail mail" perhaps they did not receive your submission? Clay/Lexi

Jay Friedman

I've submitted many articles to the SS the past 30 years.  I almost never have received acknowledgement of receipt and sometimes many months have gone by before the articles have appeared.  For example, if I remember correctly the article Art Gardner and I wrote which appeared in the May '22 issue of the SS was submitted last August. 
1949 Cadillac 6107 Club Coupe
1932 Ford V8 Phaeton (restored, not a rod).  Sold
Decatur, Georgia
CLC # 3210, since 1984
"If it won't work, get a bigger hammer."