News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Need Minor Help from '38 to '40 Series 75 or 90 Convertible or Town Car Owner

Started by JLB, May 08, 2022, 12:50:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JLB

I need to fabricate the correct vent windows for a 1940 Town Car and need simple measurements. The vent windows are identical from '38 to '40 for town cars and convertibles. Sedan vent windows are different. Attaching a picture of the correct window with red double ended arrows to identify the needed measurements. It will also help us for you to include pictures of your windows including the inside view showing the latching mechanism.

Thanks in Advance,

Jim LeBlanc
1940 V16 Town Car

Jim LeBlanc
jim_leblanc@yahoo.com
1940 V16 Town Car
CLC Member #33340

Halcyondays

I measured (multiple times--you will see why) on both sides of my 40 7567.  I am not sending a picture since there is no latch.  Just turn the little crank till the window is closed.  For the vertical measurement, I went to the end along the exposed edge of the glass.  This made it easy to measure at the "peaks" of the curve on the chromed channel.  For the horizontal measurement, I fixed the tape on the exposed edge of the glass and eyeballed the furthest point on the extreme of the curve.

Here are the measurements:

Horizontal:     Left door, 11 and 1/4"       Right door, 11 and 1/2"

Vertical:           "      "  , 12"                      "       "  , 11 and 15/16"
Comparing the two vents, the exposed (rear) edge of the glass on the driver side door does not quite reach the ends of the channel while the glass extends slightly beyond the channel ends on the right side.  Presumably that accounts for the quarter inch difference.  The right side is a tight fit.  Tight enough that I open and close by popping it the final bit.

I hope all this helps.

Frank

Frank Mudge
Sedro Woolley, WA

1940 C 7567 CCP
1967 Impala SS CCP

JLB

Frank,

Thank you. To start fabrication, that is exactly what I needed.

Best Regards,

Jim LeBlanc
1940 Series 90 Town Car
Jim LeBlanc
jim_leblanc@yahoo.com
1940 V16 Town Car
CLC Member #33340

JLB

Searching the web I found a source for the correct glass pattern:

https://www.sandersreproglass.com/

The metal work will follow the glass pattern.
Jim LeBlanc
jim_leblanc@yahoo.com
1940 V16 Town Car
CLC Member #33340