News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

1959-60 Bucket seats

Started by 60eldo, May 11, 2022, 06:03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

60eldo

If a 59-60 car had bucket seats, would that be on the data plate. So as to say it came that way.
Jon. Klu

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

The TRIM code would have the suffix B. Buckets available on Eldorado only.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

59-in-pieces

Jon,

If you don't mind, what prompts the question.

Are you thinking of replacing your bench seat - assuming your car is a Coupe/Convertible and not an Eldorado.
Then generally if you are thinking of buying the seats (bases, track, cables, and motor,) just recall that generally the controls for a 59 are located on the driver's side seat bottom, and the 60 design calls for the controls to be on a separate panel on the driver's door armrest.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

60eldo

Steve as you may know Ive been looking to buy a 60 seville. I may have found one and it has bucket seats. I just wanted to no if they came with the car or just put in. Amazing Ive been looking for 2 years now and this is the 1st one Ive found for sale.
Jon. Klu

59-in-pieces

Jon,

I do recall you sold your Seville - white ? - and almost immediately, seller's remorse set in, and you started looking for a replacement.

I don't recall you being all that concerned about ORM - If they are correct for the year - go for it and enjoy the HELL out of them.

After all, it's easier to go back to the bench design (they're everywhere) if you find you don't like the feel.
And, easy to sell the buckets - it's just the price - always wanted by lots of folks.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Quote from: 60eldo on May 11, 2022, 06:26:47 PM
  Eric, so it will be on the data plate   ie  TRIM 12-B

Correct.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute