News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

60 CDV Eyebrow Trim Mounting

Started by Michael Petti, August 09, 2022, 10:35:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Petti

Need to mount eyebrow trim on my 60 CDV. The original clips were removed by a previous owner. I have a set from Mcveys Cadillac, but they no longer supply the mounting clips as they used to. I did get 5 but need 5 more. Is there an alternative source for these clips?  If not is there any other type of trim mounting clip that can be used? I have attached pictures showing what I have and one of the fenders.
Any help will be appreciated.

fishnjim

With this mew system, you have do more to upload pix.  Once it's added, then you have to upload.  Lots of posts coming without pix because of this since change.

Carfreak

FYI, the eyebrow trim can be installed with the fender on the car.

If your hands are not small I suggest finding a friend with small hands and good dexterity.  :)
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Michael Petti

CadillacFanBob

Once your photos posted, you could compare to AU-VE-CO products clips and fasteners,see moulding fasteners, and AMK products clips and fasteners, see retainers and moulding clips, both have on-line catalogs with photos.

Bob
Frankfort, Illinois

Michael Petti

Michael Petti

Got the picture posted. A convoluted process. I'll try the sources mentioned. McVey suggested going to Ace and trying some nuts and bolts. Does not sound too good to me.

Carfreak

Did McVey indicate why they no longer offer the hardware / clips? 

Another source might be to try Restoration Specialties    https://www.restorationspecialties.com/ 

We were just discussing this morning how so much more parts and pieces are available now for our cars compared to pre-internet and historic days of the 1980s and 90s. 

Was looking for some specialty wheelcover clips last night and came across Classic Industries which offers a large variety of clips, etc.  Cadillac isn't in their search but other GM family of vehicles are and many pieces are interchangeable.   https://www.classicindustries.com/

Michael Petti

Mcvey's said was such a pain to get things made anymore. What kind of job is it to put these on? No way am I removing the fenders. I'm leaning toward using something like christmas trees that can push through the holes with no need for behind the fender work.

fishnjim

The usual suspects not mentioned so far are clips and fasteners, dorman
imperial supplies, car-pak
Might also look in the body shop supply companies, like autobody parts, autobody toolmart, etc.

Carfreak

Quote from: Michael Petti on August 10, 2022, 04:30:22 PMWhat kind of job is it to put these on? No way am I removing the fenders. I'm leaning toward using something like christmas trees that can push through the holes with no need for behind the fender work.

Quote from: Carfreak on August 09, 2022, 11:22:43 AMFYI, the eyebrow trim can be installed with the fender on the car.

If your hands are not small I suggest finding a friend with small hands and good dexterity.  :)

They CAN be installed without removing the fenders.   8)

Moody

Moody