News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Need appraiser recommendation

Started by mark.bialzik, September 01, 2016, 08:12:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark.bialzik

I'm looking at a car in Montana.  I need an appraiser recommendation.  Can anyone help me out?

Matt Harwood

Anybody but AAG AKA Auto Appraisal Group. They'll pop up first when you do a Google search and they'll seem like the biggest and most experienced. Don't be tempted by the bluster on their website. They hire refrigerator repair men and high school shop teachers to go take pictures of the cars. Then you'll get an appraisal from a guy who didn't even see the car and just used photographs to evaluate it. And for that you'll pay $500. Fail.

See if a local club member (from any club, you don't necessarily need a club expert to evaluate condition) would be willing to go out and look. You'll get a better appraisal and a better feel for the car's real character.
Matt Harwood
Cleveland, OH
1929 Cadillac 341B sedan
1941 Cadillac 60S
2010 CTS4 3.6 Performance Wagon

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Suggest PMing Brian Rachlin - 76eldo or direct email  rachlin@comcast.net

Appraisal and evaluation of vintage Cadillacs his specialty.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

gary griffin

I can not help directly as I am near Seattle but have  a couple of comments. In a request like this I suggest you give more information, and Cadillacs have been around since 1903, and Montana is a very large state. I suggest you give year and model of car and general location. Could be close to three other states for example depending on where in Montana.  I have done this gratis and would be glad to if it were closer.  I have also flown to location to verify condition and value of a few vehicles I purchased and drove one home and had the other one shipped and passed on one also.   Not knowing where you are or where the car is or the year the of the car is not helpful.  Possibly a local club member could help if we knew a little more?
Good luck!!
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver