News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

Buy of the Year: 1980 CdV d'E in Calgary, AB

Started by Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621, October 26, 2016, 10:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Appears virtually as perfect original as any I've seen. Chrome is stunning.

Auctioned off for $3,150 (CAN?) on June 18th this year.

Someone got a steal here. I'd happily have paid double.   :'(

68,000 km which is 42.253 miles.

http://www.theelectricgarage.com/auctions/vehicle_details.php?auction_id=57&id=4572

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Dan LeBlanc

I can't say that I've ever seen one two-toned like that before.  Stunning car though.

For $2230USD based on today's exchange rate from Bank of America, even double would still be cheap.
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

You're right Dan. At 3x I would not walk away from this gem.

I can't count the years since I've seen that combo either but it was genuine factory issue.

I am amazed at how well blue paint held up on the metric bolts under the hood.  Even the fillers are still original! 

Dan LeBlanc

Two things:

1 - they don't use salt during the winter in Alberta
2 - if it spends 8 months of the year frozen, it's dry and not rusting  ;D
Dan LeBlanc
1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car

It is counter intuitive how some of the best preserved cars can come from some of the coldest climates. One thing for sure is that the cold is what saved the fillers so well. Vast majority have crumbled apart years ago on the vast majority of these cars.

Even fillers on this example still show the special pinstriping  used only on two-tone cars which is unduplicatable. 

1980 RWD Cadillacs are seldom seen today. It'll be a long time before another original 1980 in this condition surfaces again.

g27g28

Stunning car and with my favorite interior as well.  Thanks for sharing Eric.  One thing on the pinstripes for the two tone cars, refresh my memory, I thought it was a tape they used about .5" wide over the split.  Was it actually painted?
1941 Series 62
1954 Coupe DeVille
1978 Phaeton
1980 Fleetwood

Not painted, no, but half-inch sounds about right.  Tape pinstripe was specific to two-tone cars. It contained 3 alternating bands the 2 exterior colors.

Squashman

I've got an 80' with 39k on the clock. It's almost as sharp as this one. Mine is cleaner/sharper underhood. It just has the GM gray paint that is bad on the deck lid. Have not a single inquiry. 

1980 Cadillac Coupe DeVille
http://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/5780357812.html