News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Adjusting tool for shifter levers

Started by John Washburn, February 02, 2006, 07:11:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Washburn

Folks,

A friend loaned me his J-1204 Adjustment tool for standard transmission shifter levers. This is the tool that allows you to adjust the two arms on the steering column. This tool fixes problems when you shift gears and it hangs up. It also, in a lot of cases, reduces the problems with gears popping out while driving. It is a handy tool and I have fixed more than one old Cadillac or LaSalle (1938 up with manual transmission) that was having problems. It will not fix bad syncros.

Anyway, it will cost me $250.00 to get a new one reproduced. After that, if there is any interest, I will sell them for $40.00 plus shipping.

Let me know if you might want one so I can order the appropriate number.

John Washburn
CLC #1067
Elizabeth, Colorado
Come see us.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Hi John, count me in for one of those tools. Too bad that some people need to use your post for other unrelated items. Bob

Kerith Ambs

Yes I would like one for my 41 Caddilac that every once in a while hangs up   My Name is Keith Ambs, Address 1249 Divot Drive NW, Grand Rapids MI. 49504.   Winter address 2950 W.Camino Christy, Tucson AZ 85742. Mich phone 616-453-3098. AZ phone 520-297-6489.

Paul Ayres #5640

John - Please include me in the orders for the shifter tool.  Paul Ayres, 35105 W. 13 Mile Rd., Farmington Hills, MI 48331.  Let me know when you need the money.  Thanks.

Frank DeCou CLC #12231

John - Please include me in the orders for the shifter tool.  Frank DeCou, 24131 Royal Worlington, Naperville, Il. 60564.  Let me know and I will send the money right out.

Greg Calkin CLC 18288