News:

Due to a technical issue, some recently uploaded pictures have been lost. We are investigating why this happened but the issue has been resolved so that future uploads should be safe.  You can also Modify your post (MORE...) and re-upload the pictures in your post.

Main Menu

New member with new 63 Cadillac convertible needs advice

Started by Rob Copeland, August 28, 2007, 10:14:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Copeland

Brand new to the classic car club and I jumped in with both feet. Found a 63 convertible
here in Illinois I could not pass up. Runs okay but according to the retired guy I bought it from took good care of it but it will be needing a tune up and oil change. Drove it 60 miles up I294 tollway around Chicago at 70 mph, ran great but want to start out fresh.

Any ideas on tune up parts (makes/brands)
Spark plugs  AC 44's or hotter 45's
Wires, air/fuel filters....etc....what am I forgeting to do or may need to be done.

Thanks  BC

homeonprunehill

Quote from: BigCountry on August 28, 2007, 10:14:09 PM
Brand new to the classic car club and I jumped in with both feet. Found a 63 convertible
here in Illinois I could not pass up. Runs okay but according to the retired guy I bought it from took good care of it but it will be needing a tune up and oil change. Drove it 60 miles up I294 tollway around Chicago at 70 mph, ran great but want to start out fresh.

Any ideas on tune up parts (makes/brands)
Spark plugs  AC 44's or hotter 45's
Wires, air/fuel filters....etc....what am I forgeting to do or may need to be done.

Thanks  BC
08-28-07
BC, Welcome to the CLC.THE CLC can used all of the new member it can get. If it has been a few miles since the oil
and filter was chqange, then I would Spring for an O&L&F change.
Good Luck,JIM
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES